Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lice Removal Service

Seems that more and more people are facing the battle of the bugs. Unfortunately, I am on round two and this time my daughter has become the hostess with the mostess.  She has thick, medium length hair and those critters were having a party in there.   I did my usual lice routine but figured I could use a little assistance this go around.  

I ended up taking her to Hair Care Therapy on Saratoga Ave. in Saratoga. They charge $25 to inspect the hair and if they find anything they apply that amount towards the $89 treatment. They recommend 3-4 treatments.   This seems pretty costly to me but given their booked up schedule, many are willing to shell out the bucks in order to avoid the ordeal themselves.  They did tell me that some insurance companies will cover the treatment (keep your fingers crossed that Aetna does).  They will even help submit the claim for you.

Our experience was this--two technicians inspected my daughters hair and spent 30 minutes going through it strand by strand.  They did find a few nits (I had already treated her twice--once with LiceFree available at Wholefoods and once with Cetaphil--yep the dry skin lotion). They said I did a good job and that these nits were just a few remnants.  I opted to go ahead and have her treated.  They spent another 40 minutes applying their own treatment shampoo and combing through her hair.  She left the "salon" with her hair slicked back in a ponytail, smelling strongly of some type of tea tree oil concoction.  I'm hoping that this is the last of it for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, tell us what you think. It really is painless. If you have trouble posting a comment, email us at blog.tina@yahoo.com and we can post your info for you. We REALLY appreciate your stopping by!